Gubra is looking for a science-driven Research Project Manager to join our rapidly growing organisation. Gubra delivers pre-clinical contract research services in the metabolic area including NASH, obesity, diabetes and diabetic complications. In addition, Gubra has a fully-fledged biotech arm with a portfolio of internal and partnered/funded projects. For this we are now hiring a Research Project Manager to lead 2-3 of our internal Gubra Innovation (GUI) projects and work with project teams in a matrix structure. Gubra Innovation involves both early target discovery projects as well as peptide drug development projects. The Research Project Manager will report directly to the CSO in the Gubra matrix.
At Gubra we have a strong focus on science and we are very data and delivery driven. We believe in advancing science by continuously and rapidly testing our hypotheses in scientific studies. Gubra is a young company that has grown to 170 people in 10 years and thus characterised by a very dynamic work environment. Our workdays involve rapidly changing tasks and it is therefore essential that you have a very flexible attitude and are motivated by a forward moving and collaborative atmosphere.
Your tasks as a Research Project Manager include:
- Lead 2-3 target discovery and/or peptide drug development project core teams.
- Take responsibility for the maturation of Gubra’s pipeline.
- Set and meet ambitious goals for the projects and report via Gubra’s governance structure.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal stakeholders and build a strong matrix set-up in collaboration with the CRO part of Gubra.
- Communicate and coordinate with external collaborators at academia, biotech and pharma partners, and actively contribute to partnering processes as relevant.
- Collaborate with other Gubra Research Project Managers to build, mature, and expand the project culture at Gubra.
- At least 3 years of experience with project management in a pre-clinical setting.
- Experience with peptide drug discovery and/or target discovery and proven track record for driving progress of such projects.
- A life science background at PhD level e.g. biology or chemistry/pharmaceutical/medical/veterinary science and at least 3 years of industry experience.
- Strong disease biology understanding preferably within obesity and diabetes.
- Strong oral and written communication and presenting skills in the company language English.
- Experience with cross-functional teams and an ability to bridge across disciplines.
- Science-driven and Research minded yet with some structural approach to Project Management.
Desired personal qualifications:
- Self-motivated, out-going, and like to take responsibility and initiative.
- Open, honest, flexible and with a sense of humour.
- Strong inter-personal skills promoting collaboration and knowledge-sharing.
- You have a drive for bringing projects forward and a passion for high quality data.
- National and international networks are an advantage.
If you can say yes to the above requirements, please apply to this position no later than April 23rd 2019 by uploading your motivated cover letter, resume, PhD and Master Certificates. If you have questions about the position, please call or email Keld Fosgerau, CSO at +45 29806369 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Janne Skarsø Erwolter, Sr. HR Partner at +45 4023 6033 or email@example.com