Biomedical and health science research and applications (Biomed) is one of six newly definedstrategic areas in the 2019-2023 Strategy of the Novo Nordisk Foundation. This grant-awardinglong-term objective area is central to Foundation´s heritage and identity.
The Scientific Officer will conceive, develop and execute highly impactful grant-awarding activities in in the area of Health-related data science in collaboration with colleagues and keypartners at universities, research centres, companies.
Working closely with the rest of the team and the other Departments in the Novo Nordisk Foundation, the Scientific Officer will be responsible for developing as well as implementing grant-awarding activities within health-related data science. The activity will be coordinated with research institutions, health-care providers, the public administration, and other stakeholders in the area.
In addition, your tasks will be:
- Drive, coordinate and follow-up on project progress, target achievement and impact assessments.
- Undertake continuous dialogue with grant recipients, collaboration partners, committee members and other stakeholders
- Formulate the content of reports, documents and other written material clearly and professionally.
- Interact with applicants, grantees and research institutions
The Biomed team is consisting of approx. 10 highly qualified Scientific officers and Grand Administrators. We strive to deliver the highest quality, giving collegial feedback in a trust based working environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Officer with a PhD degree in data science, bioinformatics, public health, epidemiology, statistics, or other health-related data science areas. You have practical experience with health-related data science, e.g. at the level of senior postdoc, senior scientist, assistant professor or associate professor.
Furthermore, we expect:
- 3+ years of practical experience managing a research group
- Experience in in health related data science
- Experience in grant-, project-, and research administrative processes
- Comprehensive understanding of the nature and culture of science
- Excellent ability to understand, analyse and communicate research results, research projects, and research evaluations
- Understanding of concepts, practices, policies, and procedures with regard to health-related data science in the public and private sectors
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
We are looking for Scientific Officer who is:
- Professional, quality-conscious, impact oriented
- Independent and able to make decisions and provide input on issues relating to administration, projects and communication
- Ambitious, proactive and with a structured approach to problem-solving
- Intellectual quickness, curiosity, discipline, resourcefulness and resilience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good relationships
- Ability to work as a team member
Working at NNF
This position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of NNF within a grant-awarding area ofBiomedical and health science research and applications and our ambitions are high and the positionis part of a dynamic and learning-based organisation where:
- Clear values and ideals define the framework for working in an educational environment with a strong focus on building a base for strong interdisciplinary research
- Exciting tasks provide great opportunities to enhance the scientific community in Denmark
- Talented colleagues, stimulating projects and new initiatives offer an inspiring work environment
Application and Information
For more information, please contact Head of Biomed Niels-Henrik von Holstein-Rathlou on telephone: +45 35276630 or HR Business Partner Sofie Katrine Lorentzen on telephone + 45 40209832. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible and no later than 7 December 2018. The expected starting date is 1 February 2019.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, and University transcripts by clicking on the “Apply now” link.