Do you have experience with isolating and screening bacteria? And would you like to use this knowledge to revolutionise biological plant protection as a true first mover?
Join us and help lead the way as we take the next step in the exploration of new bacteria that can be used on plants worldwide.
FMC Agricultural Solutions is a leading provider of innovative crop protection technologies that helps feed diverse populations seeking a nutritious, sustainable food supply. We currently comprise around 7,000 employees, 23 research and development sites and 26 manufacturing sites globally.
At our office in Hørsholm, you become part of the Plant Health division as you join our Biologicals Discovery group. Here, we work to find biological solutions for agricultural problems, and the group is comprised of a fermentation team, a microbiology team and an applied biology team.
Lead the way in the discovery of new bacteria
As a senior research scientist and dedicated microbiology expert, you will become part of the staff function with 1 other scientist and report directly to the Director of Biologicals Discovery.
Working closely with the microbiology team in particular, you will have a central role in the search for new bacteria as you explore, coordinate and orchestrate the implementation of new methods that can be used in crop protection.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Perusing leads on new ways to screen bacteria in the effort to discover new bacteria
- Scouting new third-party strains with universities, partners and new start-up companies
- Driving the search for new properties in known bacteria e.g. by exploring mutating variants
- Implementing new relevant expertise in classical as well as molecular biology, exploring the relevance of new equipment and methods
- Supporting the global organisation with your knowledge in microbiology for instance in relation to registration processes, strain safety and communication with the stakeholders
“You will spend a great deal of time on discovering new knowledge by reading literature, articles and other publications, visiting conferences, networking with peers and generally keeping an ear to the ground and your mind attuned to new ideas,” explains Director of Biologicals Discovery Niels Kristian Sørensen
Make an impact in an international and entrepreneurial environment
You will become a part of a truly international organisation where your 156 colleagues in Denmark have 31 different nationalities. And with our entrepreneurial spirit intact, you become part of an innovative environment where there is never far from thought to action.
“Working in FMC is unique in a lot of ways, but it is especially so if you want to have a true impact on the work you do. We are a global organisation, but you are close in both vicinity and access to decision-makers. Added to that, we work in small teams, so you will have every opportunity to explore and influence every aspect of the work we do,” Niels Kristian concludes.
A smart thinking microbiologist
The key to success in this position is a drive and desire to lead the way in the implementation of new techniques and methods in microbiology. Therefore, it is vital that you are a curious and strategic thinker with a keen focus on both qualitive and quantitative research. As you will have a very outgoing role interacting with a wide range of people, it is a solid plus if you have great people and stakeholder management skills.
We also imagine that you:
- Possess a PhD in microbiology or biotechnology
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Have experience with classical and molecular biology as well as isolating and screening bacteria
- Have knowledge within safety of strains, and it is an advantage if you have experience with intellectual property rights
- Speak and write English fluently
Are you interested?
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact the Director of Biological Discoveries Niels Kristian Sørensen on email@example.com or +45 4080 9930.
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate. So, send us your application and CV as soon as possible and by 14 July at the latest.
We look forward to hearing from you.
See Yourself in FMC, Be Yourself in FMC: We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees reflect the community, are valued, find purpose in their work, and grow and contribute to their fullest potential. FMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.