DO YOU WANT TO HELP CHANGE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH COMPLEMENT RELATED DISORDERS AND HEMOPHILIA?
Catalyst Biosciences is a biotech company developing drugs to treat complement-related and bleeding disorders. We provide ample scientific challenges within a multidisciplinary team, enabling you to contribute to and gain knowledge of the full drug development lifecycle from the earliest drug discovery through early stage clinical development. We expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, great energy and pragmatism.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Senior Scientist to join our Translational Research group. The incumbent will drive and support translational research activities for the Company’s programs within Complement and bleeding disorders. You will work closely with internal and external collaborators across a broad range of disciplines from the earliest drug discovery activities that cover proof-of-concept studies to IND-enabling activities.
As a Catalyst team member, you will support our corporate values of:
- Scientific and operational excellence
- Open-mindedness and courage
- Drive and support the design of in silico, in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies focused on Complement-related and bleeding disorders using sound judgement
- Support external experimental execution across multiple projects to conduct pharmacology and PK/PD studies with a good understanding of disease indication, MOA, and target profile
- Manage daily operations to align with scientific directives from leadership and facilitate planning and tracking of timelines for outsourced pre-clinical studies
- Edit and review protocols and documents for consistency, completeness and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Analyze experimental data and communicate research findings in both written and oral formats
- Identify, select, and manage CROs and academic collaborators for pre-clinical studies
- Contribute to patent filings and publications
- Build strong scientific relationships and maintain productive collaborations between Catalyst and the external scientific community within academia as well as industry
- Work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects and coordinate activities with other team members
- Stay apprised of current translational medicine advancements and trends across complement related and bleeding therapeutics
- Travel globally to represent Catalyst at conferences and meet with global collaborators and CROs
- PhD in the biological sciences or related discipline with at least 4+ years of prior research experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Expertise in translational research in complement and/or coagulation is a plus
- Knowledgeable with bioanalytical assays (antigen and ADA) employed during drug discovery and development
- Expertise in designing, directing and executing in vitro assays and in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies (biotherapeutic efficacy, MOA, PK/PD, tolerability, target validation)
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently, attention to detail, display scientific curiosity and strong scientific rationale with well-developed critical reasoning skills
We offer competitive compensation including base salary and bonus, stock options, health benefits and paid time off.
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number NL20-210 in the subject line. We will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.