Be the new
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) aims to become a fully integrated biotechnology company leading in delivery of specialty medicines. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs.
Zealand Pharma is searching for a Postdoc for the Department of Molecular Pharmacology for a 2-year position. The focus of the project is on the establishment and integration of novel molecular display platforms in the department. The project is partially supported by an Innovation Foundation Industrial Posdoc grant and is performed in collaboration with DTU.
The department is responsible for generating in vitro and biomarker data to support our research and development projects. We use biochemical and cellular assays to guide the identification and characterization of the clinical candidates. The department consists of 7 scientists and 5 technicians
The successful candidate will:
- Run the implementation of molecular display platforms in the department
- Perform hands-on molecular display on seleced target molecules to identify peptides that can serve as starting points for discovery projects
- Test molecular display-derived peptides in relevant assays and interpret data
- Set up new protocols and develop assays in the lab, both independently and with other members of the department.
- Work with the department’s scientists and technicians to deliver data to our discovery projects
A requirement for the position is a PhD degree obtained within the past five years (after June 1, 2015), and no more that 6 months employment or self-employment in the private sector.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD degree in biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, cellular biology, or a related field
- Experience, preferably hands-on, with one or more molecular display platforms, e.g. phage display, mRNA display, or the like
- Experience with and understanding of biochemical and/or in vitro cellular assays
- Hands-on experience with protein purification is desirable
- Interest in and flair for hands-on laboratory work
- An interest in learning new methods and biology
- Positive attitude, drive, and the ability to work independently and as a team player
What we offer
Zealand’s employees are one of the company’s most important assets. We strive to attract, develop and retain the best talents, and to be a company where every employee can thrive.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined salary package including pension scheme and health insurance, as well as the option of joining the company lunch program, and use of massage, fitness and social facilities.
To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter no later than June 9, 2020.
For further information please contact Jesper Mosolff Mathiesen at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) (“Zealand”) is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Zealand’s portfolio also includes two clinical license collaborations with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Glostrup), Denmark. For further information about the Company’s business and activities, please visit http://www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.